Five examples of how autonomous robots and drones can work to streamline the supply chain and make it more efficient :-
- Perform product development tasks: When autonomous robots are set up to perform continuous, repetitive tasks, product development, and prototyping activities can benefit from around-the-clock testing for fatigue, damage tolerance, and quality. This frees up product development professionals to work on more important tasks.
- Enable better inventory management and easier cycle counting: When handled by aerial robots, these tasks produce more accurate supply-demand reconciliation and replenishment needs, ultimately reducing on-hand inventory.
- Enhance warehouse operations: Autonomous Drones can be used in various warehouse operations, from inbound logistics in time-critical situations; carrying materials from storage to the factory; transporting directly from receiving to shipping; or efficiently scanning inventory and significantly reducing labor costs.
- Improve accuracy on mundane tasks: Robotic process automation in standard sourcing processes can reduce effort and time requirements and improve the accuracy of mundane tasks.
- Reduce cross-docking times and speed up shipment deliveries: Autonomous vehicles with self-guiding abilities can reduce cross-docking times and improve accuracy and rates of picking, packing, sorting, and labeling of items. This, in turn, increases perfect order rates and potentially drives higher customer satisfaction levels.
- How is robotic process automation reducing effort and time requirements of mundane tasks ?
- How are robots enabling better inventory management ?
- How do autonomous drones enhance warehouse operations ?